The ReStore Associate is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operations of the Habitat for Humanity of Johnson County (HFHJC) ReStore.
The ReStore raises additional funding to support HFHJC’s mission by selling low cost building materials and household goods to the community. Secondary benefits include keeping usable items out of landfills.
- Retail Support
- Assist customers at check-out
- Answer phone calls and assist with inquiries; forward to proper HFHJC representative if applicable
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of aisles, displays and merchandise
- Provide assistance with donation pick-ups and drop-offs
- Inspect, process and clean donations
- Test incoming donations if applicable
- Re-stock merchandise as needed
- Assist with donation pricing
- Other tasks as assigned
- Knowledge of cash register and credit card machine operation
- Experience in retail environment
- Excellent customer service
- Friendly and helpful attitude
- Ability to work in warehouse environment
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to stay on feet for extended periods of time
- Willingness to drive box truck when necessary
- Knowledge of building and home improvement material a plus but not required
- High School Diploma Required
- Valid driver’s license
- Clean driving record
- Position reports directly to ReStore Director
- $10.00 - $12.00 per hour based on experience
Drop off or mail application to:
6720 N US 31
Whiteland, IN 46184
Download PDF version of job description
Affiliate Support Manager Job Description
The Affiliate Support Manager provides support for the Executive Director, the Board of Directors, ReStore Operation, HFHJC committees and all other functions which are necessary to further the engagement and mission of Habitat for Humanity of Johnson County.
Affiliate Administrative Support
- Manage and maintain donor database.
- Answer phone calls and emails; assist with inquiries; forward to proper HFHJC representative if applicable.
- Assist with all meeting preparation including but not limited to board meetings, committee meetings, special events, etc..
- Greet/assist visitors in a friendly manner and answer inquiries or direct as needed.
- Open and distribute mail; mail invoices and other pertinent information to Treasurer each week, or others as necessary.
- Maintain good working relationship with vendors; manage invoice discrepancies; set up credit accounts with vendors; order supplies/material as needed.
- Coordinate and execute all aspects of organization’s social media with ED including but not limited to website updates and maintenance, newsletter, Facebook, press releases etc..
- Assist ED with donor cultivation.
- Assist with fundraising strategies and execution of strategies.
- Assist with donor management and recognition.
- Continually look for new sources of revenue including grants opportunities.
- Manage scheduling of volunteers for HFHJC events.
- Manage and maintain volunteer database.
- Collect and report volunteer hours to HFHI.
- Process all donations/receipts which includes: processing bank deposits, updating deposit summary and forwarding to Treasurer monthly or as requested.
- Prepare correspondence, invoices, donation acknowledgements and other correspondence.
- Manage and maintain the More Than Houses Society donors.
- Assist ED with annual operating budget preparation.
Partner Family Management
- Maintain and update partner family files including closing documents, mortgage, delinquencies, and any other pertinent information while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality.
- Maintain Homeowner Manual and Advocate Manual master copies, supplying updated manuals to new families and advocates as needed.
- Assist with application cycle process including coordination of newspaper posting, flyers, etc..
- Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships with staff, board, committee members, partner families, donors and public.
- Represent the organization at various public meetings/events in the community, making presentations to donor groups, civic organizations, etc. when requested.
- Clean the office weekly; maintaining a clean, professional and safe environment at all times.
- Run errands as needed.
- All other duties assigned by ED.
- Knowledge of Habitat’s mission
- Knowledge of structure and content of English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service
- Knowledge of general business processes
- Knowledge of social media
- Knowledge of WORD, EXCEL, Publisher, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, Etapestry Data Base/a plus
- Knowledge of office equipment such as computer, cash register, copier, fax, scanner, etc.
- Writing – Communicating effectively in written and oral form.
- Time Management – Managing time and time of others.
- Decision Making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions.
- Organization – Must be able to plan, prioritize, organize, and accomplish tasks in a timely manner.
- Detail Oriented – Must be a master of details and follow-up.
- Thinking Creatively – Developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, etc. for the betterment of the organization.
- Public Speaking – Must be able to speak in a public setting.
- Integrity/Confidentiality –Job requires the interaction of confidential information. Must be able to react and be sensitive to this knowledge.
- Dependability – Job requires being reliable, responsible and dependable in order to fulfill job obligations.
- Cooperation – Job requires being pleasant with others, displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Concern for Others – Job requires being sensitive to certain circumstances and the needs of others. Must be able to interact effectively with people of diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Independence – Job requires working with minimum supervision, depending on oneself to get tasks done.
- Initiative – Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Flexibility – Job requires being open to change and adapting to that change.
- Innovation – Job requires creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for the betterment of the organization.
- Leadership – Job requires a willingness to lead, offer opinions and direction, and work effectively as part of the executive team.
- Attitude – Must be professional and have a sense of humor.
- Position reports directly to the Executive Director.
- 5+ years working in a professional office environment
- Knowledge of non-profit business operations
- Experience in community based fundraising
- Experience with computer applications
- Experience with social media
- Knowledge of Johnson County
- Based on experience/qualifications
Download PDF Version of job description